Besides shampoo, the conditioner is often served as a post-shampoo step that softens and smooths your strands after cleansing. Conditioner is vital when it involves optimal hair health. It is essential to maintain our hair health in a hot country like Singapore.
Useful link: Shampoo for Hair Loss
What is Hair Conditioner?
According to Allure, a conditioner is a conditioning or moisturizing agent generally made up of ingredients such as silicones, oils, and emollients, as well as cationic surfactants (the scientific term for soaps or detergents, which help to get rid of the oily elements). When mixed, these ingredients replenish hair’s moisture as it reduces during shampooing.
Conditioner is typically the second step to hair washing. While shampoo is formulated specifically to wash off sweat, dead skin cells, and hair products, conditioner makes hair softer and easier to manage. It also protects hair shafts from damage.
Most shampoos use chemicals that are rough on hair follicles. Additionally, just-washed hair is often dry, dull, and hard to style.
Conditioners have fatty alcohols, humectants, and oils to form hair soft and versatile. Some have protein to temporarily bind split ends, and a few have thickening agents to form hair feel fuller.
Dry, damaged hair is often static because it’s a charge. Conditioning ingredients have a charge, in order that they hold close hair and make it less static.
When selecting a conditioner, it’s most vital to select the proper kind for your hair and skin type. Different formulations offer different benefits and have different potential side effects.
How to Apply Hair Conditioner after We Shampoo?
Follow these procedures to apply conditioner:
- Wash your hair within the shower. Rinse out all shampoo.
- Apply correct amount of conditioner recommended on the bottle.
- Spread it evenly on the ends of your hair. For long hair, spread it from chin level and down. Don’t apply conditioner near to your scalp.
- Run your fingers or a wide-tooth comb through the ends of your hair to figure within the conditioner.
- Let it stay your hair for a bit , following instructions on the label. Usually, it is recommended to let it remain for a minute before we rinse it.
- Thoroughly rinse the conditioner.